DIaBEtic DEW555

>>50<<::.ye(AR)S__I-S ALONgti=mETO#HAteyouRWIFe°°°°°

Google

mercoledì 6 febbraio 2008

Interview with Marion Kaehler


q) Name?

a) Marion Kaehler

q) Location?

a) Zurich, Switzerland

q) Contact info?

a)
www.marionkaehler.com,

me@marionkaehler.com

q) How did you get started making art?

a) I used to draw a lot as a kid and when I grew older I found it’s one thing I really enjoy doing and actually can concentrate on. I love to work with my hands and with my head and always wanted to do it as a living.
Eventually I studied graphic design in London und I think it’s one of the best choices I ever made. I love graphic design and, in my case, doing art-related project is more of a bi-product of my graphic design. It’s the ideas that don’t fit into the regular work anymore.

q) How would you describe your art?

a) My work is very linear and reduced. I like clear shapes, forms and colour. I did one year of foundation course in art & design in Basel that was based on the Bauhaus principles, which influenced me a lot.

q) Where do you get the inspiration for your art?

a) The city, nature, people, conversations, art, music, books, anything basically. And I like details.

q) What other artists inspire you?

a) I love the screen printed gig posters from people such as the Heads of State, the Small Stakes, Patent Pending Industries etc. And a lot of graphic designers and Illustrators such as Stefan Sagmeister, Non-Format, Michel Casarramona, Buero Destruct etc.


q) Where can someone purchase your works?

a) At Nelly Duff, 156 Columbia Road, London E2 7RG,
www.nellyduff.com
or by contacting me@marionkaehler.com

q) What is your main medium of choice?

a) Screen print

q) What advice could you give to someone who wants to be an artist?

a) I think being an artist is a natural process that you grow into or not. Artists have a self-drive and an urge to express their feelings or ideas. So I would say, just go for it and see what comes out.

q) What are you doing when you are not creating art?

a)Just the regular stuff such as working, sleeping, hanging around…


q) What does music, in its entirety, mean to you?

a) I constantly listen to music. I feel I work better with music. What I love about it is that it connects you to other people, it gives you a sense of home wherever you go.

q) What does art, in its entirety, mean to you?

a) Art, including music, literature, architecture etc, means everything. Sometimes I think people underestimate the importance of art and how essential it is for us to see the extraordinary products of other people minds. I reckon D.H. Lawrence said it all with “The human soul needs actual beauty more than bread.”


q) Are there some web sites that you would like to recommend? Artists, art communities, xxx...!?

a)
www.theheadsofstate.com

0 Commenti:

Posta un commento

Iscriviti a Commenti sul post [Atom]

<< Home page