DIaBEtic DEW555

>>50<<::.ye(AR)S__I-S ALONgti=mETO#HAteyouRWIFe°°°°°

Google

giovedì 24 gennaio 2008

Interview with Júlio Dolbeth

q)Name?

a)Júlio Dolbeth

q)Location?

a)Porto, Portugal

q)Contact info.?

a)dolbeth@gmail.com


julioguestlist.blogspot.com

q)How did you get started making art?

a)I was graduated in graphic design, but always used drawing and illustration as a process. From one moment I realized that Illustration as way of expression was what I really wanted to do, and started to create opportunities to develope my work. My first public exhibition was an invitation to illustrate the "little prince" book, from S. Exupèry, wich was quite ok as acceptance, from that I lost the frighten to show my work.

q)How would you describe your art?

a)I do illustration, even when there´s nothing to illustrate. I like to create symbolic images, most of them come out from my personal and intimate experience, and build metaphoric narratives.

q)Where do you get the inspiration for your art?

a)From my everyday life, from my friends, from most everything that surrounds me. My motivation is to create the ordinary intense.

q)What other artists inspire you?

a)A lot, this is a tricky question, I´m sure I´ll regret not to mention someone I forgot. For the moment I love the work of Gary Baseman, Maxwell Loren Holyoke-Hirscht, Ray Caeser, Eduardo Recife, David Shrigley, Mark Ryden, John Slade, Sergio Mora...

q)Where can someone purchase your works?

a)By my email, dolbeth@gmail.com. We can meet or send by mail.

q)What is your main medium of choice?

a)I prefer graphite and indian ink. Sometimes I use the computer for collage.


q)What are you working on now?

a)At the moment I´m doing research for my PHD, about territories of Illustration, and I´m very enthusiastic with the drawing for a friend's tatoo.

q)What advice could you give to someone who wants to 
be an artist?

a)Keep on working even if there´s no feed-back.

q) What are you doing when you are not creating art?

a)Probably sleeping... Ok, this is a cliché, the "art is my life" issue, what I mean is that I´m always aware about all that surrounds me.


q) What does music, in its entirety, mean to you?

a)Of course is very important, and I´m not going to quote the major cliché "music is my life" either.

q) What does art, in its entirety, mean to you?

a)Another tricky question... It´s more than a way of expression, is someway to communicate with others. It´s very important for me that people react to my things, not wanting to sound egocentric, it cheers my life to know that someone liked what I did.


q) Are there some web sites that You would like to recomend? Artists, art communities, xxx,...!?

a)I check everyday:
http://www.bedeteca.com/



1 Commenti:

Alle 24 marzo 2008 alle ore 05:16 , Blogger Tomé ha detto...

Bravo! me piace il tuo laboro. continua cozzi. ;-))
gymteam rules!

 

Posta un commento

Iscriviti a Commenti sul post [Atom]

<< Home page