DIaBEtic DEW555

>>50<<::.ye(AR)S__I-S ALONgti=mETO#HAteyouRWIFe°°°°°

Google

domenica 20 gennaio 2008

Interview with Nikki McClure

q)Name?

a)Nikki McClure

q)Location?

a)Olympia, Washington- USA

q)Contact info...?


q)How did you get started making art?
a)I have always been making art ever since I was little. I would dress up in crazy outfits and draw all day long. Now I just dress somewhat normal and draw a little.

q)How would you describe your art?

a)I make papercuts primarily. I take a sheet of black paper and cut an image with an x-acto knife so the paper stays connected and becomes like lace. I make pictures about my world. I also make pictures to hope to change the world ever so slightly by focusing on the positive attributes of being a human animal as a means of finding creative solutions to environmental collapse.

q)Where do you get the inspiration for your art?

a)The world. My world. My ecosystem. Mosses, honeybees, crows, beach treasures, good food, work that requires gloves, mushrooms, hot baths, rain, water.

q)What other artists inspire you?

a)My friends: Mecca Normal, Calvin Johnson, Stella Marrs, Beatrice Coron, Jad Fair, Khaela Maricich, Amber Bell, Tender Forever, smart people, people who bicycle everywhere.

q)Where can someone purchase your works?

a)buyolympia.com- I don't show at galleries much.

q)What is your main medium of choice?

a)Black paper.

q)What are you working on now?

a)A children's book called "All in a Day" due out in Spring of 2009.Printing with my son. Thinking up the 2009 calendar . Building a sauna and outdoor shower.Oh and it is time to make lunch too!

q)What advice could you give to someone who wants tobe an artist?

a)Make art, share your art, put it up where ever yo can: alley, coffee shop, school, non-profit hallways- anywhere where PEOPLE see it.

q) What are you doing when you are not creating art?

a)Making food, building forts, digging, hiding, pretending I am a character in a book with my 3 year old son.

q) What does music, in its entirety, mean to you?

a)Mecca Normal, the band. It is 2 people who are friends, making music for many many years. Exploring sound and story.I am most affected by live music.

q) What does art, in its entirety, mean to you?

a)This is harder to answer. I find art in natural forms.Art is noticing, awareness.

q) Are there some web sites that You would like to recomend? Artists, art communities, xxx,...!?

a)I don't do much online looking. I am busy with fort building or making soup or washing clothes or looking out the window at the winter birds.

0 Commenti:

Posta un commento

Iscriviti a Commenti sul post [Atom]

<< Home page