DIaBEtic DEW555

>>50<<::.ye(AR)S__I-S ALONgti=mETO#HAteyouRWIFe°°°°°

Google

martedì 5 febbraio 2008

Interview with Reinier Gamboa

q)Name?

a)Reinier Gamboa

q)Location?

a)Miami,FL. USA

q)Contact info.?



3053181206

q)How did you get started making art?

a)When I was a child growing up in Cuba, I would watch in amazement as my father would paint in his spare time at home. He always encouraged me to draw, so I started as soon as I could hold a pencil. I’ve been drawing for about 21 years now. I’m turning 24 in March.

q)How would you describe your art?

a)A trip!

q)Where do you get the inspiration for your art?

a)There’s a line in one of my favorite movies, Waking Life, that goes something like… “ The ongoing WOW is happening right NOW”. In this life, anything can be inspiring as long as a person is aware of and open to that. I find different philosophies fascinating, as well as our history and relationship with ourselves, each other and the rest of nature.

q)What other artists inspire you?
a)Rembrandt, Klimt, Alma Tadema, Ingres, Kate Kollwitz, Mucha, Sargent, Vermeer, Bouguereau, Phil Hale, Dali, Rockwell, Vincent Hui, Andrew Hem, James Jean, Vania Zouravliov, Redon, David Mack, Kent Williams, Caravaggio, Bama, Atlas, Frank Stockton, Jenny Saville, Howard Pyle, Glexis Novoa, Kallela, Velazquez, El Greco, Rauschenberg, Gary Meyer, Aramis O’Reilly, Michael Hussar, Sean Cheetham, and many many more!

q)Where can someone purchase your works?

a)They can contact me personally about that.

q)What is your main medium of choice?

a)I love cheap ballpoint pens. When it comes to paintings, as of lately I’ve been dedicating my time to exploring oil painting.

q)What are you working on now?

a)I’m working on “making the familiar seem strange”.

q)What advice could you give to someone who wants tobe an artist?

a)Start right now. Learn the rules before you break them. Draw as much as you possibly can, especially from observation. Don’t be afraid of criticism. Losing your ego is part of the beautiful metamorphosis. Don’t try to live up to someone else’s expectations, set up your own standards and be the best that YOU can be. Take a good honest look at who you are and why you’re doing this. Learn from everyone and everything. Deemphasize the end-result and learn to love the process itself.
q) What are you doing when you are not creating art?
a)Reading, Wondering, Doing research, interacting with other humans, loving life
q) What does music, in its entirety, mean to you?
a)Music goes hand in hand with what I do. Being able to listen to good music, to me, is as important as being able to see.

q) What does art, in its entirety, mean to you?

a)Art is anything that creates a sense of wonder and inspires.
q) Are there some web sites that You would like to recomend? Artists, artcommunities, xxx,...!?

a)Sean Barber ( an excellent painter) has a really good website filled with useful information for artists. Sdbarber.com

0 Commenti:

Posta un commento

Iscriviti a Commenti sul post [Atom]

<< Home page