DIaBEtic DEW555

>>50<<::.ye(AR)S__I-S ALONgti=mETO#HAteyouRWIFe°°°°°

Google

giovedì 9 dicembre 2010

Interview with Sarah Haug





q)Who are you? Where are you from and where do you live now?

a)My name is Sarah Haug and I am an artist and illustrator living in Geneva. I was born in Bern, ten years ago I moved my basecamp to Geneva

q)What is it that you do? What media do you use?

a)I am working on musicvisuals and illustrations, personal projects and commissions. I combine drawings, collage, graphic tablet, pens and so on. I like to explore... My animation work is a mix of different techniques too. I try to create appealing esthetics keeping the edginess and lo-fi looks.

q)What do you think sets your work apart?

a)Fun and playfulness, black humor and tenderness together

q)How long have you been showing your work for? Did you have a “big break?”

a)I am seriously illustrating for maybe 4 years now, even though it's what always wanted to do. The big break, I think I am still waiting for it. it's more like many little beaks eventually add up.

q)What are some things that have inspired you?

a)Music, the energy of insubordination, and all kinds of stories, the beauty of strangeness, nature, animals

q)What have you been working on recently?

a)I am working on a new VJing set which will be a big project. Otherwise, some commissions for magazines, self-promotion.

q)Do you listen to music while you create your work? If so, would you give some examples?

a)I love to be an illustrator only for being able to listen to good music all day.!!.. I like mostly rock and experimental music, mostly before 1980. I like bizarre experiments but I surrender to pop also, good rhythmics and a voice.

q)Do you do work in any other media? Other projects not necessarily related to your main body of work?

a)My work is a mix, in any case I have to appropriate the media for myself in order to use it, things are connected and nourrish one another.

q)What advice do you have for artists looking to show their work?

a)Go for it, learn about how things work and most importantly, about what you want to do, how.

q)Do you have any upcoming exhibitions of your work that you can mention?

a)no but I want to focus on my vjing work and and hopefully make an exhibition with prints in 2011.

q)Where can people see more of your work on the internet?

a)check out www.the-steak.net

0 Commenti:

Posta un commento

Iscriviti a Commenti sul post [Atom]

<< Home page