DIaBEtic DEW555

>>50<<::.ye(AR)S__I-S ALONgti=mETO#HAteyouRWIFe°°°°°

Google

martedì 23 novembre 2010

Interview with David Bayus





q)Who are you? Where are you from and where do you live now?


a)My Name is David Bayus, Im originally from Detroit, Michigan but currently reside in San Francisco, California.


q)What is it that you do? What media do you use?


a)I think the easiest way to define my work would be mixed media. I utilize elements of sculpture, photography, digital art, and painting.


q)What do you think sets your work apart?


a)Im always trying to create a tension in the work by blurring the lines between different visual languages. The excessive nature of our visual culture implies that everything we see is reproduced countless times, and is disconnected and disassociated with its creators. from photography, to our clothes, even our food. Im fascinated by the ambiguity and anonymity of excess. I want to mash everything together.


q)How long have you been showing your work for? Did you have a “big break?”


a)Ive been showing my work professionally for 2 years now, I don't think Ive had a "big break" yet, but Ive had great opportunities so far, hopefully it will lead to a big one.


q)What are some things that have inspired you?


a)like I said earlier, excess inspires me. nothing is just one thing anymore. its all ambiguous. I love the abstract visuals of mundane waste. I love the disconnected nature of the digital processes. I love the idea of turning all those ideas on thier heads.


q)What have you been working on recently?


a)lots! I recently saved up for an amazing new digital camera, and that has completely blown everything wide open. so im excited to be focusing on a new body of work.


q)Do you listen to music while you create your work? If so, would you give some examples?


a)yes, honestly i cant work without music. Ive been listening to alot of different stuff. Girls- a band from San Francisco, Weekend, Ariel Pink, Arcade Fire. So far this week, Ive been listening to alot of great stuff from the 90's. Sonic youth, radiohead, etc.


q)Do you do work in any other media? Other projects not necessarily related to your main body of work?


a)Ive been quietly working on a series of photographs, but almost all my time is spent working on this new body of work.


q)What advice do you have for artists looking to show their work?


a)Get your work out to as many blogs, websites, whatever, as possible. and go to local shows whenever you can.


q)Do you have any upcoming exhibitions of your work that you can mention?


a)yes, I have a solo exhibition here in San Francisco in June at Gallery Hijinks. If your not in the SF area, go to their website: http://www.galleryhijinks.com/ . and you'll be able to check out all the new work.


q)Where can people see more of your work on the internet?


a)http://www.monsterandmidget.com/
http://beautifuldecay.com/
http://svartkonst.net/

0 Commenti:

Posta un commento

Iscriviti a Commenti sul post [Atom]

<< Home page