DIaBEtic DEW555

>>50<<::.ye(AR)S__I-S ALONgti=mETO#HAteyouRWIFe°°°°°

Google

giovedì 18 novembre 2010

Interview with Cezar Berger aka Berje





q)Who are you? Where are you from and where do you live now?


a)My real name is Cezar Berger, better known as Berje. I'm from Brazil, currently I live in a town called Guararema. I’m 20 years and I try to improve my artwork!


q)What is it that you do? What media do you use?


a)I'm an illustrator and a student of Graphic Design. I work with mixed media, my artwork is with Indian ink and coloring is digital.


q)What do you think sets your work apart?


a)The concept of new meanings to the symbols.


q)How long have you been showing your work for? Did you have a “big break?”


a)My work began about a year, but I had a break of at least seven months. I resumed these illustrations for about six months ago. So far my "big break" was to have participated in an interview on MTV Brazil.


q)What are some things that have inspired you?


a)Literature (George Orwell, Jorge Luis Borges, Paul Leminski), alchemy, religion, medieval engravings, thrash metal, skateboard culture, science fiction, anthropology ...


q)What have you been working on recently?


a)Recently I've worked with some commercial designs, but rather invest in collaborative works, these are the major determinants of personal and artistic growth.


q)Do you listen to music while you create your work? If so, would you give some examples?


a)Yes, music is the first element in my creative process. I hear a lot of different music: thrash metal, hardcore, dub, reggae, ska, experimental... But the band with the biggest influence in my illustrations is The Mars Volta. Their lyrics reflect many concepts that I use in my works.


q)Do you do work in any other media? Other projects not necessarily related to your main body of work?


a)When I became involved with art, a few years ago, I started with stickers and stencils. Spray cans are great tools to work! I have projects to take my drawing to the streets. I can also say that writing is another project that is not linked to illustration, but that's part of me.


q)What advice do you have for artists looking to show their work?


a)My advice is simple: to disseminate his art as much as you can! At this point it is important to believe in their ability to show the world that you exist.


q)Do you have any upcoming exhibitions of your work that you can mention?


a)Unfortunately having an own exhibition is still a dream!


q)Where can people see more of your work on the internet?


a)At the moment only on Flickr: www.flickr.com/berjeee

0 Commenti:

Posta un commento

Iscriviti a Commenti sul post [Atom]

<< Home page