DIaBEtic DEW555

>>50<<::.ye(AR)S__I-S ALONgti=mETO#HAteyouRWIFe°°°°°

Google

domenica 15 febbraio 2009

Interview with Raul Egido






q)Please introduce yourself.


a)My name is Raúl Egido, I´m a 22years old artist,

designer and inventor born in Zaragoza, Spain.


q)Where do you live and work?


a)I live and work in Zaragoza.


q)How would you describe your work

to someone who has never seen it?


a)I´m a surrealist artist. Since the

2003 I´ve been playing and working with

the automatic method. All the things I do

come from my subconscient.

I don´t do any sketches or plans.

Just take pen, colors and everything

and let my hand work by itself.

The idea of planning a paint just

bore me. I enjoy painting or drawing

directly because the aspect is different.

My art is not attached to any conscious

drawing or painting rule. I try to make

something different each time I take

the materials.

My art is constantly changing because

each day is a new day for me and I try to

add or change something to make it more

interesting for the people.


q)How did you start in the arts?

How/when did you realize you were an artist?


a)My father is a writer and editor,

my mother Studied Arts and interior design

and my grandfather was a classical painter.
There´s been always a tradition in my

family for the arts, so I started painting

since an early age.
My relationship with arts has been

very strong since the beginning. I began

drawing machines for everything.
I always loved mechanichal complex and

machines and I loved to play with that

idea of inventing something, so I passed

my early age
drawing machines... Everybody was like

that kid is crazy because while most of

my friends were drawing Mickey Mouse

and that type of stuff
I was designing complex rockets or

cars with all that interior design and stuff.
I also found breakdance as a way to

express myself when I was 16, so I

continue drawing and dancing at the same time.
First time I was thinking seriously

about the "artist" word and idea wast

when the unknown people came to me and said,

"your art is great, you´re an artist".
I loved the fact to make people feel

something and the idea of living doing what you love.

q)What are your favorite art materials and why?


a)I´ve worked with lot of materials,

but my favourite are color pens.

I really enjoy the sensation of drawing

with thouse pens fast over a white paper

and let my subconscient doing the next thing.

It’s something fast, the colors are vivid and the

results are amazing.


q)What/who influences you most?


a)I’m influenced by everything,

painting artists like Dalí, Miró,

Warhol, Saura, architecture, artificial

objects, nature...casual people...

I can´t say something or somebody which

influences me more because I´m always

curious about new artist and ways to

look at art and I´m

a very open minded person so I try to

take inspiration from everything.


q)Describe a typical day of art making

for you.


a)There´s no typical day for me because

each day is different.

One day I´m just listening to music,

watching nature or documentaries and

the other day I´m

painting for more than 10 hours without

stop.

Normally I know when I´m going to do

something interesting so I don´t stop

and try to take all the stuff out of my head.

Is something strange because sometimes I

don´t sleep because I have the feeling of

not letting everything go out and I can´t

sleep with that sensation of doing a mid work


q)What contemporary artists or

developments in art interest you?


a)I´m interested in works by known or

unknown artist. In the world of contemporany

art I´m more fan the artpiece than the artist

because sometimes I find just one thing

amazing from one artist. But solid artist

for me are Bruce Nauman and Jeff Koons.


q)How long does it typically take you to

finish a piece?


a)It depends of the day.

Sometimes it takes me 5 minutes, but

it can take up to hours, because I can

add or change something.

Anyways, time doesn´t matter for me,

you can do something splendid in 10

minutes and horror pieces in an hour.


q)Do you enjoy selling your pieces,

or are you emotionally attached to them?


a)Is a two sides face for me.
Is something good and necessary,

because with the money support I can continue

living doing what I love doing, and

in the other hand
I suffer because each of my pieces have

something of me, my deepest sensations

and thoughts are in my art so is like

selling yourself.

q)Is music important to you? If so,

what are some things you're

listening to now?


a)Music is something neccesary for me.

I´m always listening to music and is

one of my big inspirations

I´m opened to listeng stuff from

different styles, My favourite bands

are really different each other.

I love electronic music such as

Boards of Canda and Aphex Twin.

And more "traditional" bands like

Joy Division and Depeche Mode.


q)Books?


a)I have a big collection of Art Books.

Business books are also interesting

for me.


q)What theories or beliefs do you have

regarding creativity or the creative process?


a)To me, Something creative is something

which let you feel something about and

comes from somebody which gives in there

some from itself.


q)What do you do (or what do you enjoy doing)

when you're not creating?


a)I love dancing, being with

my girlfriend,

listening to music, reading,

checking the web..


q)Do you have any projects or

shows coming up that you are

particularly excited about?


a)I´m very excited about the

new version of my website. www.raulegido.com

The exhibition of some of my works in

London and here in Spain.

I´m excited about the possibilty of an

exhibition anywhere, anytime

Some posters I´m working on for a

luxury firm in UK and a secret art

project I can´t talk about.


q)Do you follow contemporary art scenes?

If so, how? What websites, magazines,

galleries do you prefer?


a)I check often artnewsblog,

artinfo, artnet, juxtapoz and fecalface


q)Ask yourself a question you'd like to

answer, and answer it.


a)Where I´m going to be in 10 years?


a)I don´t know.


q)Any advice for aspiring artists?


a)Don´t try to be somebody.

Just open your mind, Don´t bite artwork .

Artist is not just art, being an artist is

a way of live and act. Be humble, work hard,

and try to find your own style.


q)Where can we see more of your work online?


a)You can check my new website

www.raulegido.com
and my flickr photoset
http://www.flickr.com/photos/raulegidoval/sets/72157603320611921/

If want buy any of my art pieces you can email me egido@raulegido.com

Thanks!

0 Commenti:

Posta un commento

Iscriviti a Commenti sul post [Atom]

<< Home page