DIaBEtic DEW555

>>50<<::.ye(AR)S__I-S ALONgti=mETO#HAteyouRWIFe°°°°°

Google

mercoledì 17 dicembre 2008

Interview with Mike Maxwell






q) What is your name and what do you do?


a)My name is Mike Maxwell and I am a craftsman.


q)When did you really get into art?

a)The second I could hold a pencil.

q)How did you come to the realization that you should try your luck at art on a more serious level?

a)In 99' while working for Shepard Fairey, I learned that making art doesnt just have to be just a hobby, that supporting yourself through art making was a possibility.

q)How did you discover the particular style that you have?

a)I didnt really discover it but more specifically learned and honed the style over many many years through practice practice practice.

q)How would you describe your style?

a)Sub-realism

q)Who or what influences your art?

a)Every single thing in existence.

q)How often do you create a new piece?

a)I make art everyday.


q)What kind of success have you had with your art?


a)I’ve been able to support myself solely through art making for the past 7 years


q)What would be the ultimate goal for you and your art?


a)The reality is that Im living my goal already. Im doing what I love to do and I am not compromising my beliefs and ideals to do it.


q)What do you see as an accomplishment in the way of art?

a)Surviving I guess. Peer acknowledgment is always nice. Having a children come up to me and say how much they like the things I make. Making someone smile or laugh or cry or get angry. Those sorts of things.

q)What kind of message, if any, do you try to convey through your art?

a)USE YOUR BRAIN!

q)Sum up your art in one word.

a)Disobedience

q)Any additional comments?

a)Live Free


q)…your contacts…

a) info@mikemaxwellart.com

www.mikeaxwellart.com

0 Commenti:

Posta un commento

Iscriviti a Commenti sul post [Atom]

<< Home page