DIaBEtic DEW555

>>50<<::.ye(AR)S__I-S ALONgti=mETO#HAteyouRWIFe°°°°°

Google

martedì 28 ottobre 2008

Interview with Andrea Heimer





q) What is your name and what do you do?

a)My name is Andrea Heimer and I’m a painter. I usually refer to my artwork as “Party Art”, as I use a ton of bright colours and bold designs, like a party for your walls!

q)When did you really get into art?

a)I’ve always been artsy, even as a kid I would spend hours making paper dolls and animals to play with. Around 2006 I was offered a chance photography exhibit and art entered into my adult life in a big way.

q)How did you come to the realization that you should try your luck at art on a more serious level?

a)I’m a fairly serious person anyway so most of my hobbies end up being a being an important part of my world. Sometimes you just have to go out on a limb to see if something will work, and when it does it’s golden.

q)How did you discover the particular style that you have?

a)I’ve always loved the in-your-face style of the pop art masters like Andy Warhol and Roy Lichtenstein, so that sort of look-at-me aesthetic has always been with me and is always present in my paintings.

q)How would you describe your style?

a)As I mentioned above I like to describe my stuff as “Party Art” in that it’s like a party for your walls. I like bright unexpected colour and very bold image that you can see clearly from 20 feet away. If my paintings can spice up a blank space immediately and start a conversation I feel like I’ve done my job.

q)Who or what influences your art?

a)Good colour combos, wine, pop masters, my husband for being so supportive.

q)How often do you create a new piece?

a)Super often! Usually a few a week.

q)What kind of success have you had with your art?

a)Success comes in many forms of course, I’ve sold a good number of paintings and have been in some really awesome art shows, but my favourite thing is when someone buys their first piece of original artwork from me—such a good feeling!

q)What would be the ultimate goal for you and your art?

a)The ultimate goal for me is not new I’m afraid, I would love to do this full time and forever!

q)What do you see as an accomplishment in the way of art?

a)As I mentioned above it is a great feeling when someone buys art from me for the first time ever. I also see ever contact I make and every show I’m in as another accomplishment, after all we all start from nothing...nowhere to go but up! It’s also a nice feeling to look back at all the stuff you’ve made and really truly like it, particularly the things that were made long ago in a whole different period of your life.

q)What kind of message, if any, do you try to convey through your art?

a)Accessibility, fun, drama, conversation inspiring, all that. Art should be easy to get to, fun to look at, stir an emotion…then make you want to talk about it.

q)Sum up your art in one word.

a)Bold!

q)…your contacts…

a) website: www.andreaheimer.com

email: andreaheimer@yahoo.com

flickr: www.flickr.com/people/andreaheimer

0 Commenti:

Posta un commento

Iscriviti a Commenti sul post [Atom]

<< Home page