DIaBEtic DEW555

>>50<<::.ye(AR)S__I-S ALONgti=mETO#HAteyouRWIFe°°°°°

Google

martedì 15 gennaio 2008

Interview with Elizabeth Frank

q)Name?

a)Elizabeth Frank

q)Location?

a)Tucson, Arizona, USA

q)Contact info.?

a)efrank11@earthlink.net


q)How did you get started making art?

a)I think I started making art before I could talk. It was my first form of communication.

q)How would you describe your art?

a)Wood and mixed media sculpture. Icons for the current times.

q)Where do you get the inspiration for your art?

a)Nature, ancient civilizations, current civilization, the conflicts between those things, the grace within all animals... including humans...

q)What other artists inspire you?

a)Francesco Clemente, Frida Kahlo, Jonathan Borofsky, Ancient Egyptian Art, Tribal art of the world, and a bunch more

q)Where can someone purchase your works?

a)There is a partial listing of galleries that carry my work on my website or I can be contacted directly for more information.

q)What is your main medium of choice?

a)I am a mixed media artist. I usually start with fallen aspen branches or reclaimed wood. Then I carve and paint it. That is combined with various materials, such as metal, mica, collage and antique photos.

q)What are you working on now?

a)Right now I'm working on a donation for a children's shelter. It's a mixed media box.
q)What advice could you give to someone who wants to be an artist?
a)Follow your heart.
q) What are you doing when you are not creating art?

a)Yoga, spending time with my family, hiking in the desert. cooking, movies, the usual fun...

q) What does music, in its entirety, mean to you?

a)Wow. That's a big question. I look at music as a manifestation of the harmonics of the universe put into formulations that touch our ears and minds and hearts simultaneously.


q) What does art, in its entirety, mean to you?

a)Personally...It's a vocation, a calling which probably began while I was still in the womb. Generally... It is a physical manifestation of the human spirit.

q) Are there some web sites that You would like to recomend? Artists, art communities, xxx,...!?

a)There are many but here are a few:
www.outsiderart.info/



0 Commenti:

Posta un commento

Iscriviti a Commenti sul post [Atom]

<< Home page