DIaBEtic DEW555

>>50<<::.ye(AR)S__I-S ALONgti=mETO#HAteyouRWIFe°°°°°

Google

martedì 17 marzo 2015

Interview with NAOMI VONA







q)Walk us through an intimate day in your life


a)My daily routine is quite busy: I wake up, go to work, then I come back home and have a shower. After that I cook and then eat. Then I start to work as an artist. On the weekends I dedicate more time to my creative job.


q) Where did you grow up/where do you live now and how does that contribute to your art?


a)I am born and grow up in Desio, a town near Milan, in Italy. Now I am based in Dublin, I live here from about 2 years. I think that Italy offers a great starting point to get inspired from the artistic and creative point of view. Moving to Ireland helped me a lot too, I just started a brand new life and I also wanted to create something completely different here. I just have to thank this country for all the inspirational ideas that I had.


q) What is your earliest memory that propelled you to create?


a)I have just an instinct: I base my works on arbitrary memories. Everything comes up in an unexpected way. 


q) Tell us a little bit about your creative process.


a)I just start taking a vintage photo or postcard and some stuff like tape, paper, pens and so on. I work without thinking so much, I put together colours and forms and if they fit well, I start to create the collage. Every artwork is basically composed of three elements: my life background, my inspirations and subconscious, that is also the glue that puts all together.


q) How do you wish for your art to be perceived?


a)I like the idea that everyone can read “secret” messages through my creations, I don’t want to spread a specific message for now, I just want that people use their imagination and observe my works as they desire to.


q) What do your internal dialogues sound like?


a)My mind is full of music: while I create I always have a song in my mind. I think that music is an essential part of my life and inspires me a lot.


q) Do you feel that there are limitations to what you want to create?


a)Sometimes yes, I would love to create big pieces, but I am afraid of the results. I just need to fight this fear maybe.


q) Do you feel art is vital to survival and if so, why?


a)For me art is like air: if I stop now, it’s like to fall down into a black hole.


q) Describe a world without art.


a)The black hole mentioned above.


q) Tell us a secret, and obsession.


a)I would like to restart to dream the dark city where all my nightmares are shielded.


q) Where can people see more of your work on the internet?


a)You can find some of my works here:

0 Commenti:

Posta un commento

Iscriviti a Commenti sul post [Atom]

<< Home page