DIaBEtic DEW555

>>50<<::.ye(AR)S__I-S ALONgti=mETO#HAteyouRWIFe°°°°°

Google

giovedì 9 febbraio 2012

Interview with Fernando Villalvazo






q) Well, first of all please tell us a little about yourself.

a)Hello I am FV and I am living in Monterrey (Mexico) right now, i have 3 afghan hounds, and I love my wife.

q)How would you describe your work?

a)Ok, let me try - we need a blender to make my work: let's put some inspiration with a little bit of kitsch, a pinch of surrealism, naïve, and pop, then a few drops of symbolism with a spoonful of lowbrow 'Et Voilá' this is my own bitter-sweet cocktail

q) Did somebody encourage you to become an artist?

a)Nobody, just the opposite

q) What is your favorite medium?

a)Drawing

q) Generally speaking, where do your ideas come from?

a)From my distopyan world

q) How long does it take to complete a piece?

a)That’s depends, if i want a paper draw or a big painting on canvas - 15 minutes, one day, never knows

q) Who are your favorite artists…and who are some artists you are currently looking/listening to?

a)Let me think… maybe Arnold Bocklin, Jean Delville, Max Ernst, Joan Miró, Hieronymus Bosch, Matthias Grünewald, millais, etc. etc. etc. etc.

q) Are you represented by a gallery? Do you have any upcoming exhibits?

a)I was represented in several galleries actually I'm independent right now because I don’t believe too much in that old fashion-model.

q) Do you have any 'studio rituals'? As in, do you listen to certain types of music while working? What helps to get

you in the mood for working?

a)Just need listen music: jazz, dub, trip hop or maybe IDM – but always I need my 3 dogs near to me.

q) What is your favorite a) taste, b) sound, c) sight, d) smell, and e) tactile sensation?

a)Mio dio!!!

q) Do you have goals that you are trying to reach as an artist, what is your 'drive'? What would you like to accomplish in your 'profession'?

a)If you can't understand your goal, you'll never reach it. With the coming of a fresh year people always strive hard to have a good beginning, it's simple to me, as always, I have many painting techniques that I'll have develop this year.

q) When have you started using the Internet and what role does this form of communication play for you, personally, for your art, and for your business?

a)Internet is definitely a great tool for independent artists

q) What do you obsess over?

a)Information, Art, Books, Love.

q) Do you have prefered working hours? Do you pay attention to the time of the day or maybe specific lighting?

a)I don’t know what time and what day is today, so, no matter what time it is to do my artwork

q) Do you do commissioned works?

a)Just If I have libero arbitrio

q) Any tips for emerging artists?

a)If you don't find your artwork meaningful and rewarding, find another job

Cheers!

0 Commenti:

Posta un commento

Iscriviti a Commenti sul post [Atom]

<< Home page