DIaBEtic DEW555

>>50<<::.ye(AR)S__I-S ALONgti=mETO#HAteyouRWIFe°°°°°

Google

venerdì 2 dicembre 2011

Interview with Crin






q) Well, first of all please tell us a little about yourself.

a)Hi, my name is Crin. I'm an itlian artist but I currently work and

live in Berlin.


q)How would you describe your work?

a)Tangle!


q) Did somebody encourage you to become an artist?


a)Not actually, art is a passion that I always had since I can remember. However, my family never hindered me



q)What is your favorite medium?


a)I principally use acrylic colors and markers and often I add some spray.

I paint always on canvas or heavy paper, but lately I´m doing a series of works on cardboard, and I like it as material. Mostly because of the contrast that it comes out between the material itself and my typically plain colors


q) Generally speaking, where do your ideas come from?


a)Normally I get inspired from everything that sourrounds me, I actually chose this city cause I thought that it could give me a lot, visually speaking too.

At the moment I'm working on a project that is growing and developing day by day and it has started just by looking at some balls of wool that I found at home. I began drawing them in a very simple way till I created new and always different concepts that I ' m still processing, I'm very courious about what comes next. I can say that lately my ideas come from these balls of wool.


q) How long does it take to complete a piece?


a)It depends on the size and on the complexity of the work. It could take from a day to a week, but not for longer otherweise I get bored.


q) Who are your favorite artists…and who are some artists you are currently looking/listening to?


a)I follow the street art scene, I could mention the most famous like Roa, Blu,Daim, Os Gemeos, they are the first that pop up in my mind, but I could enumerate many more that I constantly look at. But part of me is still attached to the surrealist trend of Dalí, Magritte, Ernst and Miró, their world has always charmed me.


q) Are you represented by a gallery? Do you have any upcoming exhibits?


a)At the moment I 'm not represented by any gallery, but some of my works are travelling around some european cities with the urban arts award ARTAQ. The exhibit in Paris just closed and the next will be in Bruxelles in December.


q) Do you have any 'studio rituals'? As in, do you listen to certain types of music while working? What helps to get you in the mood for working?


a)I listen to a lot of music while I'm working, mostly electronic, but it depends on my mood. Sometimes I listen to history or science documentaries. Other days silence is better instead.


q) What is your favorite a) taste, b) sound, c) sight, d) smell, and e) tactile sensation?


a)Quick answer, Salty, ,colors, wet paint, feathers,


q) Do you have goals that you are trying to reach as an artist, what is your 'drive'? What would you like to accomplish in your 'profession'?


a)I haven't a precise goal, but I'd like to reach as many people as possible through my works, and I'd like to spread them everywhere.


q) When have you started using the internet and what role does this form of communication play for you, personally, for your art, and for your business?


a)I think I started using internet since I got the chance, it always got me in. I belive it is a great way to spread your own ideas, your knowledge and, in my case, your works. Internet is a good platform for cultural, social and entertaining share. And it is also important to keep in contact with the other people. Regarding my art, the web has surely given me a big shot to make myself known and to meet people. Right now, I couldn't do without it and I feel very lucky to live in this era of digital revolution.


q) What do you obsess over?


a)I don't think to have any obsession.


q) Do you have prefered working hours? Do you pay attention to the time of the day or maybe specific lighting?


a)I'm more concentrated from the evening till late at night. I wake up pretty late, so I spend the first hours doing my ordinary stuff and then I commit myself to my work for the rest of the day. I'd rather stay without any schedule and limits, I do what feel to do.


q) Do you do commissioned works?


a)Yes, it often happens that I work on commission and it's not something that I really like, but it brings money to which you can't say no.


q) Any tips for emerging artists?


a)Insist und never give up! Truly believe in what you do, no matter all the problems you may have. It is a tip that I give also to myself, being an emerging artist.


q)…Your contacts


a)I'm full of contacts, I'll give you the most important: my website www.crinart.com and the blog http://crin-art.blogspot.com/ , there you can find more links to the other pages.

0 Commenti:

Posta un commento

Iscriviti a Commenti sul post [Atom]

<< Home page