DIaBEtic DEW555

>>50<<::.ye(AR)S__I-S ALONgti=mETO#HAteyouRWIFe°°°°°

Google

mercoledì 26 marzo 2008

Interview with Anoush Abrar

q) Well, first of all please tell us a little about yourself.

a)It is always difficult to talk about myself.
I was born in Iran and I came in Switzerland when I was 5-6. I studied there and entered the University of Art in Lausanne (ECAL).
I wanted to go in the industrial design section but I quickly understood that it wasn’t for me.
Then I decided to study graphic design but at the same time I was frustrated because I spent too much time in front of my computer, in fact I saw that photography was more made for me and my curiosity.

q) Had you always planned on being an artist [or had you other hopes]?

a)Absolutely not ! I was supposed to become an engineer. Actually my father wanted me to become an engineer, a doctor or a dentist.

q) Do you have a preferred medium to work on? Why?

a)I like working on large format camera. I think it's because you can construct your image and take the time to take the picture. Of course you can do it with digital camera but it is not the same thing with the film.

q) How would you describe your style?

a)Not conventional. I try to!

q) Do you go through any certain processes while trying to produce your work?

a)I usually do things and afterwards I think about it. It is a very instinctive way to produce a work.

q) What are you working on at present?

a)I am spending too much time on my commercial work and it is really time now to come back to my first love, my personal work.
There is always this balance between commercial and art work and it has been 2 years now that the weight is on the commercial side.
I need to reconfigure this balance so I will continue my art work this summer.

q) What about recent sources of inspirations?

a)I am very attracted now in images in movements or/and movements in the image.

q) What are some of your obsessions?
a)Perfectionist

q) Which galleries have you shown at and which galleries would you like to show at?

a)I Was presented in many galleries but I'm not going to name theme. You can find the list on my website.
I don’t contact the galleries because I am not in the process of presenting my work but more of doing my work.

q) If people would like to contact you, how would you like to be contacted?

a)By email



q) Do you have any suggestions or advice for artists that are just starting out?

a)Never forget the fun in your work. Work for yourself and not for the others.

q) Who are your favorite artists?

a)Sandrine Pelletier, David Lynch, Michael Man, Philip-Lorca diCorcia

q) What books are on your nightstand?

a)The Fountainhead by Ayan Rand + Andrea Gursky catalogue (last exhibition in Basel)

q) To what weaknesses are you most indulgent?

a)I am not indulgent with weaknesses, sorry!


q)...your contacts…

a)Anoush Abrar,
http://www.anoush.ch/,
anoush@anoush.ch

0 Commenti:

Posta un commento

Iscriviti a Commenti sul post [Atom]

<< Home page