DIaBEtic DEW555

>>50<<::.ye(AR)S__I-S ALONgti=mETO#HAteyouRWIFe°°°°°

Google

martedì 26 febbraio 2008

Interview with Robert Magginetti

q) Introduce yourself first please?

a)Hi , I'm Robert Magginetti from Hayward, California. My collage website is Tranquility Base.

q) How did you get into art?

a)I got into art when I was in Junior High school. I liked to draw when I was very young.

q) Who has been the biggest influence on you?

a)My biggest influence has been Kandinsky.

q) Do you rule by any tendency in your creative work, or you only follow what comes in your mind?

a)My work is driven by what I'm interested in at the time, although landscape always seems to be a constant theme.

q) Do you have a preferred medium to work on? Why?

a)I like working in collage, although I also work in India ink and brush. I like both of these forms for their spontaneity and the risk involved.

q) How much does your environment have an effect on your pictures?

a)My work environment? Not much.


q) Tell us about your studio space. Where do you work? Do you listen to certain types of music while working?

a)I work on my kitchen table. Sometimes I listen to music when I work, however, it generally has no influence on my work.

q) Who are your favorite artists?

a)Kandisnky, Pollock, DeKooning, Bruce Conner, Joseph Cornell, Monet, Bonnard, De Chirico, Redon.

q )When have you started using the internet and what role does this form of communication play for you, personally, for your art, and for your business?

a)I've had my website since 1998. I use my website as a way to bypass the gallery system and to reach an international audience. I don't generally sell my art so business doesn't come into it. The internet doesn't have much of an influence on my art.

q) What books are on your nightstand?

a)Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee by Dee Brown and Art Forms from the Ocean by Ernst Haeckel.

q) What's playing on your stereo?

a)The Paranoids.

q) Any interesting "rituals" before you start creating?

a)I clean up the house.

q) What is your favorite colour?

a)Cerulean Blue

q) What is the best time in the day for you to work on a project? Is there one, or is it more about the environment -- maybe the right mood?

a)Afternoon or Evening. I don't know about the right mood. I just need a chunk of time to concentrate and relax.

q) What projects mean a lot to you at the moment?

a)I'm working on a Day of the Dead "box" for an Oakland Museum show this fall.

q)Your contacts…

0 Commenti:

Posta un commento

Iscriviti a Commenti sul post [Atom]

<< Home page