DIaBEtic DEW555

>>50<<::.ye(AR)S__I-S ALONgti=mETO#HAteyouRWIFe°°°°°

Google

lunedì 18 febbraio 2008

Interview with March Castle

q) Well, first of all please tell us a little about yourself.

a)My name is March Castle, I’m a Freelance Illustrator with the noisiest computer in existence.

q) Had you always planned on being an artist [or had you other hopes]?

a)I had other hopes, but the more I tried to avoid becoming an Illustrator the plainer it became I had no other choice.

q) Do you have a preferred medium to work on? Why?

a)I like anything that expresses its’ characteristics without limiting the process itself.

q) How would you describe your style?

a)Broken realism.

q) Do you go through any certain processes while trying to produce your work?

a)I like to draw something as well as I can, and then draw attention to the many mistakes, making them into features.

q) What are you working on at present?

a)A piece about a man who has his hair stolen, which is a painting on an old brown paper bag.

q) What about recent sources of inspirations?

a)Tekkon Kinkreet, my immaturity and cold mornings.

q) What are some of your obsessions?

a)Backing up my hard drive, colours, the last 5 minutes of light before it gets dark and backing up my hard drive again.

q) Which galleries have you shown at and which galleries would you like to show at?

a)I have shown at Garry Milne’s Shoplift shows, (hello Garry) I’d like to exhibit at the Serpentine gallery in London.

q) If people would like to contact you, how would you like to be contacted?

a)Letter, or more realistically via my website


q) Do you have any suggestions or advice for artists that are just starting out?

a)You need to know what you’re doing wrong as much as what you’re doing right (however much it hurts).

q) Who are your favorite artists?

a)Tatsuyuki Tanaka, Yotoshi Abe, Heath Robinson and Arthur Rackham.

q) What books are on your nightstand?

a)I’m currently re-reading Death note and xxxholic.

q) To what weaknesses are you most indulgent?

a)Sleeping in the afternoon and bouts of optimism.

0 Commenti:

Posta un commento

Iscriviti a Commenti sul post [Atom]

<< Home page