DIaBEtic DEW555

>>50<<::.ye(AR)S__I-S ALONgti=mETO#HAteyouRWIFe°°°°°

Google

venerdì 29 luglio 2011

Interview with Rop van Mierlo






q)Who are you? Where are you from and where do you live now?

a)My name is Rop van Mierlo. I'm born in Gemert a little village in the south of Holland. I live in Amsterdam.

q)What is it that you do? What media do you use?

a)I mostly work in graphic design, draw a lot, experiment with animation and recently made a picture book called Wild Animals. I work a lot with paper, water and ink.

q)What do you think sets your work apart?

a)At first I try to make work that I would like to see, that I think is important and work that makes me happy, feel good or whatever. Besides that I use a lot of techniques that I can't fully control.

q)How long have you been showing your work for? Did you have a “big break?”

a)I've been showing my work for a few years now but since I self-published Wild Animals last October 2011 I appear on blogs and get asked to do interviews.

q)What are some things that have inspired you?

a)A lot of my work is influenced by my time at primary school. As a kid I went to a Steiner School, 'Vrije school' as we say in dutch, I still use a lot of the techniques we got taught back then but now I use them in a more free and experimental way.

q)What have you been working on recently?

a)Daphna Laurens asked me to give my own interpretation on their 'Tafelstukken', a series of five light objects that they designed. You can find them on their website: www.daphnaisaacs.nl

q)Do you listen to music while you create your work? If so, would you give some examples?

a)I listen a lot to the music they play at dublab.com or colette.fr.

q)Do you do work in any other media? Other projects not necessarily related to your main body of work?

a)Nope.

q)What advice do you have for artists looking to show their work?

a)Be gentle and don't loose your watch.

q)Do you have any upcoming exhibitions of your work that you can mention?

a)Seek Merry Hell

q)Where can people see more of your work on the internet?

a)www.ropvanmierlo.nl

www.wild-animals.nl

www.vimeo.com/user734427

www.daphnaisaacs.nl

Rop van Mierlo

Giraffen / Olifanten / Krokodillen

Zamenhofstraat 150 (studio 302)

1022 AG Amsterdam

www.wilde-dieren.nl

www.ropvanmierlo.nl

0 Commenti:

Posta un commento

Iscriviti a Commenti sul post [Atom]

<< Home page